Dipterists Forum currently offers two sources of funding:
- Bursaries towards attending some of our meetings
- Grants towards the development of identification keys - for more details see the assessment criteria for applications
Here are some other potential funding sources that we are aware of (Dipterists Forum cannot guarantee the availability of these external sources).
- Amateur Entomologists Society: Michael Majerus Grant ("to encourage active involvement in entomology by a new generation of entomologists")
- British Entomological and Natural History Society grants (also offer a microscope for loan). The "Professor Hering Memorial Research Fund" includes an emphasis on Diptera, particularly Tephritidae and Agromyzidae
- Entomological Club research grants to help entomologists working on British insects (“preference is given to small equipment items and to work likely to lead to publication”)
- Glasgow Natural History Society grants (available to Society members)
- Linnean Society grants and awards
- NatSCA list of funding sources applicable to museum-related projects
- Royal Entomological Society awards and grants (includes an ‘outreach’ award that can be used for equipment purchase; need to be an RES member to apply)
If you know of additional grants or awards that should be added to this list please contact us.