Page maintained by Ken Merrifield and Martin Harvey. Last updated 18 April 2023. Thanks to all who contributed links that have been incorporated here.
Disclaimer: Inclusion of any sites or organisations does not constitute recommendation or endorsement. Errors and omissions excluded. No responsibility can be accepted for the contents of web sites, which may change.
Entomological Equipment Suppliers
- Anglian Lepidopterist Supplies, ALS, Station Road, Hindolvenston, Norfolk, NR20 5DEFG "Specialists in Entomological Equipment" Tel & Fax: 01263 862068, Web: http://www.angleps.com/ - store boxes, pins, nets, microscopes, moth traps, books, micro moth identification service, surveys, Clearwing Pheromones, links to moth web sites; currently offering a 15% discount on a Dipterist Starter Kit during 2019 Year of the Fly
- EFE & GB Nets, PO Box 1, Bodmin, Cornwall, PL31 1YJ (Educational Field Equipment UK Ltd) Tel: 01208 77400, Fax: 01208 77400, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: https://www.facebook.com/efeandgbnets - equipment for Aquatic Biology, stream meters, net materials, Malaise Trap
- NHBS NHBS Ltd 1-6 The Stables, Ford Road Totnes Devon TQ9 5LE, Tel: 01803 865913, Fax: 01803 865280, email: email@example.com Web: http://www.nhbs.com/ - "Everything for wildlife, science and environment" (also books and DVDs) field and survey equipment previously sold by Alana Ecology Ltd
- Watkins & Doncaster "The Naturalists, Established 1874", PO Box 5, Cranbrook, Kent TN18 5EZ, Tel: 0333 800 3133 or o1580 753 133, Fax: 01580 754054, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.watdon.co.uk/the-naturalists/ – long established biological supplies dealer with wide range of entomological equipment, books (including AES publications) "telephone for free illustrated colour catalogue"
- Wildlife Watching Supplies, Town Living Farmhouse, Puddington, Tiverton, Devon EX16 8LW, U.K. Tel: 01884 860692 Fax: 01884 8609 email: email@example.com Web: http://www.wildlifewatchingsupplies.co.uk/ - "materials for photography: Dome hides, Bag hides, Lens and Camera covers and Double bean bags. We have a wide range of safety equipment, first aid kits, survival packs, whistles, signalling mirrors, survival bags, hypothermia space blankets, button compasses and insect repellent."
- Worldwide Butterflies, Sherborne, Dorset DT9 4QN, Tel: 01935 474608 Fax: 01935 429937 Web: http://www.wwb.co.uk - livestock, equipment (including moth traps), books, plants, mainly Lepidoptera and Phasmids (stick insects etc.)
- Brunel Microscopes Ltd. , Unit 6 Enterprise Centre, Bumpers Farm Industrial Estate, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6QA, Tel: 01249 462655, Fax: 01249 445156, Web: http://www.brunelmicroscopes.co.uk/ - "The One Stop Microscopy Shop .. a wide range of light microscopes, stereomicroscopes, accessories, prepared slides, stains and reagents that are suited to the professional and amateur microscopist .." Also used microscopes at http://www.usedmicroscopes.co.uk/
- GT Vision microscopes, based in Suffolk (contact details). Entomological microscopes are listed here. "GX Microscopes are fast becoming one of the most popular brands of microscope in the world. Representing great value, high quality for money and offering a huge product range."
- Meiji Techno UK, Ltd., The Vineyard, Hillside, Axbridge, Somerset, BS26 2AN, (formerly Hampshire Micro), Tel: 01934 733655, Fax: 01934 733660, email: firstname.lastname@example.org:, Web: http://www.meijitechno.co.uk/ - microscopes and accessories
- http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/ UK Microscopy site - "Home of Enthusiast Microscopy on the Web" linked to Brunel Microscopes
- Northern Biological Supplies Ltd., 3 Betts Avenue, Marlesham Heath, Ipswich, IP5 7RH. Tel: 01473 623995.
Chemicals for Entomology
- Inflammable chemicals such as Ethyl Acetate and Isopropanol cannot be sent through the post and may be difficult to obtain. Isopropanol is used in the electronics industry for cleaning printed circuit boards and may be bought from an electronic equipment supplier such as Maplin if there is a store nearby. Branch locator at http://www.maplin.co.uk/store-finder
- 'Acetone-free Nail Varnish Remover' may consist mainly of Ethyl Acetate and be an easier obtained substitute (check the list of ingredients). It usually contains some water so if used in a killing jar the jar may need to be dried out occasionally if it becomes too wet.
Non British Suppliers
- Austerlitz Insect Pins, Csl.C.K. 967, 684 01 Slavkov u Brna, Czech Republic email: email@example.com, Web: http://web.telecom.cz/pins/ ( or www.entomoravia.zde.cz )
- BioQuip Products, 2321 Gladwick Street, Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220, USA Tel: (310) 667- 8800, Fax: (310) 667 8808, Web: http://www.bioquip.com/ - "Equipment, Supplies and Books for Entomology and Related Sciences"
- Bioform web shop, Germany Web: http://www.bioform.de - German supplier of Malaise traps, Nets, traps, light collecting, preparation and storage items, digital imaging adaptions, GPS etc
- entomopraxis , Balmes, 61, pral. 3, 08007 Barcelona España, Spanish Entomology Supplies and Books dealer with a good range of collecting equipment. Tel: +34 931 621 523, Fax: +34 934 533 603, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://entomopraxis.com/tienda/
- ENTO SPHINX s. r. o., Pardubice insect pins, insect boxes, setting boards, field equipment, mounting boards and magnifiers for amateurs and professional entomologists. email: mailto:email@example.com Web: http://www.entosphinx.cz/_CZ/EU/
- John W. Hock Company, P.O. Box 12852, Gainesville, Florida 32604, U.S.A., Tel: 352.378.3209, Fax: 352.372.1838, Web: http://www.JohnWHock.com - "Experts in Insect Sampling" Malaise, Mosquito and Sandfly traps, aspirators incl. HEPA filter version
- HORSE PAL® Web: http://bitingflies.com/ - biting fly trap; commercial Manitoba Trap. Links to biting fly information
- Paradox Company Dariusz Skibiński, ul. Jaśminowa 17, 31-432 Cracow, Poland Tel: +48 12 632 41 33, Fax: +48 12 632 41 33, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: http://www.insectnet.eu/ - "Since 1993 we are suppliers of high quality equipment for Entomology and Related Sciences." Also literature incl. Continental Coleoptera
- Rose Entomology, P.O. Box 1474, Benson, AZ 85602 A division of Rose Engineering Tel: (520) 586-7586, email: mailto:email@example.com Web: http://www.roseentomology.com/index.html - Professional Entomological Equipment, Pooters, specimen examination stage, nets
- Texas Entomology Insect Collecting Information, Web: http://www.texasento.net/equip.htm - organisations and Equipment supplier link (USA)
- ENTOMO-PHIL, since 1986. http://www.entomo.oxatis.com/ French equipment supplier, Pooters etc